MSC Expedition Solar Power Package – Product Details:
- Light weight 10W Copper Indium Gallium Selenide cells (CIGS) Lightweight folding solar charger (210g).
- Solar panel easily hangs from a rucksack and is robust and very flexible.
- Two power banks with standard USB and C type charging ports which can be charger by your 13W folding solar panel.
- Power banks provide a combined 6+ charges of a standard phone such as iPhones and Android phones.
- Power banks will keep their charge for months.
- Two LED flexible lights included.
- Option to upgrade your solar panels and higher capacity power banks.
- Add a collapsible solar LED camping Lantern.
- Perfect for whilst off-grid hiking, climbing or on an Expedition.
- Green alternative to charging your devices when on the go.
MSC Expedition 10W ETFE CIGS Solar Panel, 2 x Power Banks, 2 x LED lights.
This special package is most suited to those who need a lightweight (200g) reliable ongoing power whilst off-grid, hiking, climbing or on an Expedition. The CIGS 10W lightweight panel easily hangs from a rucksack and is robust & very flexible. If in cloudier areas or using a Pulk, this panel can be upgraded for the 15W or 20W CIGS folding solar and higher capacity power banks on checkout.
The MSC 10Ah (PD22W) Aluminium QC power bank is very robust, fits in a pocket and will give a phone 3 + charges. There is also an option to have the waterproof 20Ah Aqua Trek + Power Bank instead. Apart from specific trips, expeditions or Camping, they can also be used in everyday life, on their own and recharged via USB. Also included in the package is our MSC PD18W Power Stick and 2 x LED Light. Bought individually this package retails for £142.75!
Over the past 8 years, we have been the sole provider of portable power for Expeditions to the Arctic/Antarctic/Himalayas/Atlantic and Gobi desert amongst others. In 2018 Expedition ExIcemaiden used just a 10w & a 20W version of this package for the record-breaking 10 weeks, 1000Km crossing of the Antarctic at -40C.
Our CIGS (Copper Indium Gallium Selenide cells) lightweight panels have an ETFE coating for protection, whilst remaining very flexible. This expedition solar panel charger will fold to half the size of a magazine when not in use and is easily transportable. It has 6 attachment points for hanging on a boat, tent, tree or rucksack whilst charging a 5v USB power bank. The optional 15W & 20W are both dual USB 5v/2A.
The 2A peak power (same power as mains phone charging) USB solar regulator will automatically control the charging current to give a constant charge. This unit normally retails for £89.95.
For personal power, to keep your phones, GPS, Tablet going whilst you are out and about, we have included the Aluminium PD22W (10Ah) QC power bank (rectangle black) as the main power reserve.
The LG batteries hold a charge for months and have a very little loss on DC transfer, giving the maximum number of charges for a given capacity. It is compatible with any quick charge (Qualcomm) phone, such as a Samsung Galaxy & Note. It has a dual USB including C Type and the standard A-Type.
To complete the package we have added the compact Aluminium PD18W 5Ah & 2 x LED flexible lights.
In common with all our portable batteries and solar chargers, although they might have been bought for a specific purpose, once you are used to having reserve power at hand, they will prove most useful in everyday life.
Optional Upgrades to standard package:
• MSC Collapsible LED Camping Lantern
• Upgrade to a Waterproof Aqua Trek + 20Ah Power Bank. When fully charged it can charge a standard smartphone 9 times or a tablet 4 times.
• There are options to upgrade to a 15W CIGS Expedition panel (slightly bigger and 320g) or 20W CIGS Expedition panel (slightly bigger again and 400g).
When using Apple products we would suggest charging your power banks via your solar panels then using your power banks to charge your Apple products.
Mobile Solar Chargers provide customers with a green alternative to charging your devices when on the go.
Whether you are just camping in the UK or planning on an expedition to the likes of Antarctica, mobile solar chargers are a great piece of kit to have with you. You can be off grid for days on end and not have to worry about where your next charging point is going to be.
Also, this form of power is great for the planet. Solar energy is an environmentally friendly and sustainable way of generating electricity, and with it being a renewable energy source means it can help minimize your carbon footprint.
We have been proud to help people with their mobile energy needs such as trekking and mountaineering in Peru, a kayaking expedition in East Africa and a scientific expedition to Iceland. Not forgetting the many weekend campers that love to be surrounded by nature but still need their phones and tablets fully charged!
Whatever your traveling needs we have a mobile solar charger solution for you.